Saturday, September 23, 2017

September 11, 2017--It's been a fantastic week!

Ramen in Morioka

It's been a fantastic week!

We finally made contact with F san again--after feeling guilty about some various personal problems, he decided he wasn't worthy to associate with the good people of our church and sent us a text saying that he gave up. We replied and tried to reassure and encourage him, but he stopped responding to texts, answering his phone, and even stopped coming to the door.

Of course, that's not enough to keep the missionaries away--the next p-day we coincidentally ran into him at the grocery store! Through just that little God-sent miracle, we were able to talk and ease some of his concerns while spending way too much money on natto and tofu. This week we were able to visit him again and teach him a lesson--we just sat and talked with him like normal people for a while, and just shared a simple message of God's love. He wasn't able to come to church this week but agreed to come again next week! We have had so many road-blocks and speed bumps with F san, I am amazed by his faith and perseverance!

I san also didn't make it to church this week--he slept in, again. Haha. But he asked if we could meet up Monday night instead, and of course we agreed. That was one of the best lessons I have ever been a part of--he has such a sincere desire to learn and find answers. He told us he didn't really know if God exists or not, but he is willing to study and work to find out. We taught him about prayer and the Holy Ghost, and he even took notes during the lesson! I was able to share with him an experience of how I know God exists--I had the same question he had, so I prayed to know for myself, and I felt the spirit so strongly that I can never deny the fact that God is real. I know it! And I was honored to be able to share that testimony with I, and he was surprised to find out that even missionaries have doubts and questions, that even church members need to seek out answers from God. The spirit was there the entire time guiding our conversation, 100% due to I's sincerity and desire to learn. He agreed to pray every day, and ask God if He is really there. We were able to use what we have been learning from Sekiguchi Kaicho about promising specific blessings and giving people a real reason to keep commitments. We promised him that he would be able to know for certain, for himself. And he is way excited about it!

I love being a missionary and I love being here in Kitakami!

愛してるよ!いつもありがとう!
パスケット長老
Elder Paskett

Cool kids read the Morumon Sho! (Book of Mormon)


Coming home from b-ball with I san


Video Journal:







No comments:

Post a Comment