Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October 10, 2017--O Tsukaresama desu!

愛する母様、

We have seen the miracles of God's technology this week--LINE is amazing! And Facebook. We haven't actually been able to use Facebook for much dendo yet, but LINE has been soooo helpful. Most high schoolers will take a Book of Mormon, but it's really hard to get phone numbers from them. But getting LINE is so easy! So now we can follow up on the Book of Mormons we pass out so much easier, and transition that into inviting them to meet with us and learn more.

I wish I had more good news about F, but for now his baptism has been postponed per his request. He told us that he doesn't want to risk dirtying the name of God and the church if he becomes a member and keeps making mistakes--he knows all the members are good people and feels like he is not yet good enough to be baptized and join the church. I told him that for the very reason he wants to respect God's name and doesn't think he is good enough, he is ready for baptism. He won't be baptized this week, but we will continue to work with him and I'm sure it won't be long!

I'm so grateful that God takes us as we are! Baptism is not the end, but the beginning of our progression, and we're trying to help F see that. If we waited until we are perfect to be baptized, there would be only one person baptized ever. I'm so grateful that God takes us how we are and helps us to become even more. I know that every part of this gospel is given to us from a loving Heavenly Father, for our benefit. Especially during this general conference, (we watched it this weekend. I got to watch in Japanese while reading along in English in case there were things I didn't understand. iPads are a blessing!) I really felt like God was speaking to me and showing me so many things I work on. But at the same time, I was filled with so much peace and love and hope. Hope that even though I have a lot to work on, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

I know this church is true and I'm so thankful to have God's living prophets on the earth. I'm even more thankful that we can an eternal family thanks to Jesus Christ and His restored Gospel!
I love you so much Momma!!!
パスケット長老
Elder Paskett

No comments:

Post a Comment