Wednesday, October 18, 2017

October 17, 2017--Letter and Photos

To my wonderful, fantabulous, breathtaking, exquisitely beauteous mother,

This last week, we got a few heart-breaking messages from F san--after repeated unsuccessful contact attempts and dropping cookies off at his house for his birthday, he sent us a text saying that his birthday is not important at all because his life isn't important and he doesn't have any desire to live anyway, and asking us to leave him alone. We still haven't been able to talk to him face-to-face at all, we are hoping and praying that this is just a temporary set-back. Please pray for him!

On a brighter note, we had a very spiritual lesson on Friday with K san--I was on exchanges with Elder Otani, a new missionary in our zone who has been in the field for about 3 weeks. We were teaching about faith and obedience, and how faith can bring God's miracles. We shared some of the story of Ammon, and K san asked if miracles like that still happened today. We told him yes, definitely, and he asked us if we knew of any examples. Otani Choro started sharing a story that he heard from the Mission President of a missionary who got hit by a car, cracked the windshield with his head, flew over his companion's head, and landed on the ground--then got up with no injuries at all. K san asked if that was a real story, I told him that I knew that it was true, because I was there. And it hurt, a lot. I showed him some pictures, both he and Elder Otani were so surprised haha :)

I shared a scripture from Matthew 9:19-20 with the missionaries in our zone at Zone Conference--"And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." I know that when we are on the Lord's errand, the Lord never leaves us alone. He truly qualifies those whom he calls. As we strive to do
always those things that please Him, He will be always at our side.

I know God that lives and loves us! And I love you, too :)
XOXOXOxoxoxooxXoxXOXOXOXOXOXOOXxoxoxoxox
パスケット長老
Elder Paskett



1 - service at O's hatake
2 - our buddy N
3 - Michinoku village
4 - new homies






No comments:

Post a Comment